MEDITATION PRACTICE TIPS
Try these simple suggestions to cultivate your meditation practice at home. There is no need to feel discouraged if you don’t have special cushions or meditation music nearby; these can certainly help but are not essential.
- Start with a simple type of meditation which appeals to you
- Choose a comfortable posture with your back straight
- Be relaxed; be still; be aware of what is happening in and around you
- Bring your focus to an object of attention (a sound, image, mantra, breath, body etc.)
- Focus on this object for 3-4 minutes and then rest for a few minutes
- Repeat this cycle of focus and rest a few times
- Don’t attempt to control or empty the mind
- If the mind wanders, simply return your focus to the object with a gentle smile
The warning signs that you’re suffering stress and burnout can start with the feeling that every day is a bad day; when caring about your work or home life seems to be a total waste of energy.
Excessive stress is the main cause. Working too much, sleeping too little, the constant demands of a fast-paced, high-stress lifestyle, and even stressful life events can compromise the adrenals.
Since the world returns to a new sense of post-pandemic normal, vitamin vacations have become a trending search term. The downtime afforded by the global slow-down led many on a path of self-discovery that they are keen to explore on a deeper and more advanced level.