POST-PANDEMIC TRAVEL REGULATIONS
As Thailand moves into the post-pandemic phase, all travel restrictions and regulations will be lifted from 1 July 2022 reverting back to pre-Covid-19 standard entry procedures. No longer will the international travellers be required to apply for Thailand Pass or have mandatory health insurance. Foreign nationals are only required to show proof of either a certificate of vaccination or a negative RT-PCR or professional ATK test result within 72 hours of travel. And those non-vaccinated and without the proof of negative test results, will have to undergo RT-PCR or ATK test on arrival.
Kamalaya is thrilled to welcome old and new guests to our wellness sanctuary on Koh Samui. To help you better understand the travel process, we have outlined the details in the below easy-to-follow points:
- Vaccinated visitors must be fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine within the specified length of time for the vaccine to be considered effective, not less than 14 days before arrival in Thailand.
- Non-vaccinated travellers can also enter Thailand by presenting a negative PR-PCR test or a professional ATK test that is taken within 72 hours before arrival. These can be in print or digital format.
- Should you require an RT-PCR test for travelling back to your home country (Fit to Fly certificate), it should be booked at least three days before your departure from Thailand.
We will continue to monitor the travel situation and will keep you updated on any news. If you have any further questions or require assistance with your booking plans, please do not hesitate to contact our supportive Reservations Team at firstname.lastname@example.org which is always on standby and ready to help.
Kamalaya remained open throughout the pandemic, providing a safe haven for our guests. During those times, we took the opportunity to sensitively adapt to the changing requirements of the situation as it has unfolded, and implemented the highest precautionary measures. Having already been working with newly developed health and safety protocols since March 2020, our team is well-practised and our operations are stringently safe, allowing you full peace of mind as you disconnect from the pressures of the outside world and reconnect deeply within.
Steps we took to protect your safety, freedom and peace of mind:
- As always, you have access to the care of an in-house medical doctor, a team of medical nurses as well as a broad scope of holistic therapists such as naturopaths, Chinese medicine doctors, ayurvedic therapists, physiotherapists, personal trainers.
- We understand there is currently a greater need to stay connected with family, friends and businesses, therefore there is complimentary WiFi available in your room for the duration of your stay.
- Increased thorough deep cleaning practices introduced as a matter of course.
- Daily body temperature scan for all hosts and guests, and weekly ATK testing for all hosts.
- All Kamalaya hosts are fully vaccinated, while over 80% of Koh Samui’s population is also fully vaccinated and many have received at least one booster shot.
KAMALAYA’S HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES TO PROTECT GUESTS & STAFF FROM COVID-19
As a Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa, we understand the vital importance of always keeping our guests safe. We work closely with government health departments, as well as the Tourism Authority of Thailand to remain up to date with the official COVID-19 safety regulations. Kamalaya is now a holder of the ‘Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration Certificate’ (SHA Extra+) which recognizes hotels that strictly follow the hygiene, health and cleanliness standards issued by the Ministry of Public Health to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please see the answers below to some of our most asked questions and kindly note they are subject to change if government regulations are updated.
Everyone from any country can travel to Thailand. COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate must be presented upon arrival. The vaccination should be approved by Thailand, in case of cross vaccination both the vaccines must be from the approved manufacturer and the interval between the vaccines should be as instructed by the first dose of vaccine. The non-vaccinated travellers should have a negative RT-PCR or a professional ATK test taken within 72 hours before arrival.
Visitors must present a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate. The non-vaccinated travellers should have a negative RT-PCR or a professional ATK test taken within 72 hours before arrival.
The price for an RT-PCR test may vary depending on the provider.
Yes, as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic our team of wellness experts have worked on creating a new wellness Resilience and Immunity program that addresses health concerns, stress-related anxieties, optimal immunity, and post-viral fatigue. The program is a holistic approach that will help deal with all these issues in its entirety from the subtle roots in our heart and mind to the most tangible physical aspects of health.
To find out more about this program, please visit https://kamalaya.com/immunity-resilience/
Yes, you can move around and enjoy various touristic attractions and activities as usual.
Yes, there are plenty of restaurants and bars open on Samui. Shopping centres walking streets, cinemas department stores, and supermarkets are all open as usual.
Yes, alcohol is served in licensed bars and restaurants as usual.
For vaccinated travellers there are no travel restrictions, a vaccination certificate or vaccine QR code must be presented. Non-vaccinated travellers should have a negative RT-PCR test prior to travelling.
- We carefully wipe all luggage with anti-viral products before loading it into hotel vehicles.
- All staff wear masks, while guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks.
- We provide a medical assessment upon arrival. This includes a thermal body temperature check and a recent travel history questionnaire.
- Our registered nurses conduct daily temperature and symptom checks for each guest.
- We have an onsite medical doctor and nursing team available to assist guests at any stage.
- All key cards, pens, telephones, surfaces, facilities, rooms, public areas, treatment rooms and resort vehicles are sanitized, deep cleaned, or replaced following each use with anti-viral products.
- We provide alcohol hand sanitiser stations throughout the resort.
- We provide face masks and gloves to all guests during buffet service to avoid potential cross exposure.
- Health and safety protocols and procedures are in place to ensure optimal hygiene levels are maintained at every touchpoint throughout the guest experience.
- We care deeply about the safety of our staff and provide them with health insurance coverage.
- Twice-daily temperature and symptom checks for staff are conducted before they enter and exit the property. We also do the same for all outside suppliers and service providers.
- Hosts follow Kamalaya’s strict health and hygiene protocols and government safety regulations.
- COVID-19 rapid-antibody testing is made available for all our teams once per week.
- All hosts are empowered to immediately self-quarantine at home if they feel unwell in any way.
- We have an approval system in place for staff who need to travel outside of the island.
Yes, all hosts and staff working at Kamalaya are fully vaccinated with many of us already having had booster shots.
Yes, especially the islands under Sandbox programs have undergone extensive vaccination practice. Where over 80% of the total population in Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao have been fully vaccinated.
ESCAPE TO KAMALAYA
CHOOSE YOUR OPTIONS