MAINTAINING WEIGHT LOSS
At Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa we recommend a change in eating habits for those who want to maintain weight loss. These support you in your goal to achieve optimal health and wellbeing for a vibrant and happy life. To achieve this, we recommend a diet that nourishes not only your body, but also your brain. Here is just a taste of the healthy eating guidelines we follow at Kamalaya on the island of Koh Samui in Thailand.
- Eliminate deep fried foods – Instead try these cooking styles: stir fry, steam, boil, saute, bake and grill without blackening (blackening can denature foods and create carcinogens)
- Cook with lots of fresh herbs and spices – They’re full of healthful antioxidants. Avoid food additives
- Vegetables should make up the bulk of your lunch and dinner. Choose a variety of different vegetables, ensuring that you have a wide range of colours. Different coloured vegetables will provide a variety of nutrients.
- Nuts and seeds are an excellent form of high-quality fats and protein. Use these daily in your diet.
- Avoid soft drinks – They’re unnecessary in our diet so it’s best to cut them out entirely. Instead, choose from green teas, herbal teas, and water, with an added twist of lemon.
Detoxification works primarily through the elimination of toxins through body processes – perspiration, bowel, digestive and other functions. There are two core approaches to holistic detoxification at Kamalaya.
Characterized by constant fatigue, insomnia, low blood pressure, back and joint pain, decreased immunity and anxiety, it is the result of the adrenal glands going into overdrive, eventually becoming underactive before suffering a full burnout.
The water of a fresh, young coconut replenishes and cools the body while basil and pineapple support digestion, making this drink a perfect accompaniment to any meal on our detox menu.
Since time began, people have been looking for the secret to living a long and healthy life. Only a few generations ago, the thought of living to the age of 90 was an aspiration.