MAINTAINING WEIGHT LOSS
At Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa we recommend a change in eating habits for those who want to maintain weight loss. These support you in your goal to achieve optimal health and wellbeing for a vibrant and happy life. To achieve this, we recommend a diet that nourishes not only your body, but also your brain. Here is just a taste of the healthy eating guidelines we follow at Kamalaya on the island of Koh Samui in Thailand.
- Eliminate deep fried foods – Instead try these cooking styles: stir fry, steam, boil, saute, bake and grill without blackening (blackening can denature foods and create carcinogens)
- Cook with lots of fresh herbs and spices – They’re full of healthful antioxidants. Avoid food additives
- Vegetables should make up the bulk of your lunch and dinner. Choose a variety of different vegetables, ensuring that you have a wide range of colours. Different coloured vegetables will provide a variety of nutrients.
- Nuts and seeds are an excellent form of high-quality fats and protein. Use these daily in your diet.
- Avoid soft drinks – They’re unnecessary in our diet so it’s best to cut them out entirely. Instead, choose from green teas, herbal teas, and water, with an added twist of lemon.
Prana (Devanagari: pra-Na) is a Sanskrit word meaning ‘breath’ and is understood as the vital, life-sustaining force of living beings and the vital energy in all natural processes of the universe.
Weight Loss: Quantity or Quality?
Despite the proliferation of diets in the world today, weight loss is really just about two basic rules.
How to get to Thailand
Thailand welcomes back international travellers and begins to reopen to the rest of the world, Koh Samui celebrates being voted as one of the Top 25 Islands Around the World by readers of influential Travel + Leisure magazine.
Characterized by constant fatigue, insomnia, low blood pressure, back and joint pain, decreased immunity and anxiety, it is the result of the adrenal glands going into overdrive, eventually becoming underactive before suffering a full burnout.
A guided Meditation
The best way to lead a more productive life is to take regular breaks for your mind and body. These breaks enable you to reconnect to your essential self and recharge for ultimate physical and emotional strength.
Value of Yoga retreat
Physical asanas (yoga postures) establish greater strength, flexibility, and balance. Additional physiological benefits include improved circulation, deepened sleep and improved posture and reduction in structural pains.
Cleanse & Detox
Cleansing and detoxing your body is a great way to put yourself on the path to improved health over the long term.
The most current research shows that in depth cellular detoxification of the body requires vital nutrients.