7-STEP CHECKLIST TO FEEL LESS OVERWHELMED
On your journey to lifelong wellness, you may approach obstacles that make you feel overwhelmed from time to time. Despite our best healing work, this feeling creates a release of adrenaline that helps to sharpen our focus but also triggers a ‘flight or fight’ response that can lead to stress and other health factors.
Our spa retreat is the perfect place to escape from the pressures of feeling overwhelmed, but for those times that you need to quickly regain control of a situation, these are 7-steps to follow, shared by the wellbeing specialists at Kamalaya Koh Samui Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa.
- Take a moment to regain control of your breath. Inhale deeply for six seconds, hold for five and release for six. When you exhale, make an ‘AHH’ sound.
- Roll your shoulders up high and circulate your arms. Give yourself a shoulder rub, or ask somebody else to. Squeeze your neck in gentle motions to relieve the tension caught there.
- Write down a list of all the tasks you currently must complete. Go through the list and allocate a number to each task. Starting at one for the most important, two for the second, three for the third and so on. Now start working on item number one and keep working until you have finished it. Then move on to item two. Break each task down into smaller milestones – this will make the challenge seem more achievable.
- Take a short break in between tasks. A walk in nature will clear your mind ahead of the next task and help reconnect you with your inner self.
- Dedicate a session of meditation focusing only on the list of tasks or the task at hand. Go through each step in your head and focus on your action plan. This helps you to organise your thoughts clearly.
- Start journaling and write down all of your thoughts, worries, solutions and ideas. The process of writing them out or talking about them to somebody helps you regain control of your emotions.
- Ask for help from a mentor, colleague, manager, or close friend. It’s OK to ask for help when we need it and it’s important to make our wellbeing a priority in this situation.
At Kamalaya we offer wellness programs that deal with stress and burnout, such as Asian Bliss or Comprehensive Balance & Revitalise. While Kamalaya Connect offers online Personal Mentoring sessions that focus on reconnecting you to your essential and connected self. Your Personal Mentor will take you through a process of healing using profound insights, powerful practices and ancient techniques of divine energy transfer.
Download the checklist for your personal use below.
Checklist to Feel Less Overwhelmed
Stress can cause both mental and physical symptoms. The effects of stress are different for different people.
Practicing mindfulness can help interrupt the stress cycle to allow space to respond instead of having and emotional outburst. Discover our top tips and practices to equip you with tools to navigate through stress.
After over two years of living in the ‘new normal’ with imposed social distancing and people working from home in isolation, many of us have been struggling with loneliness.
Time to Detox
Are you always tired and low on energy? Is it hard to think clearly? Do you have persistent colds, constipation or headaches?
Symptoms of Burnout
What exactly are the symptoms of burnout? How do you know if you have it? According to the US National Institute of Health, here are the three main symptoms.
Stress & Adrenal Burnout Recovery
Excessive stress is the main cause. Working too much, sleeping too little, the constant demands of a fast-paced, high-stress lifestyle, and even stressful life events can compromise the adrenals.
What is a Colon Cleanse
Colon cleansing aids in the removal of plaque and waste matter that has accumulated over many years and has created blockages and sluggishness in the digestive system.
Health, Wellness & Yoga
You can dramatically improve your health and wellness through the practice of yoga.