MAINTAINING WEIGHT LOSS
At Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa we recommend a change in eating habits for those who want to maintain weight loss. These support you in your goal to achieve optimal health and wellbeing for a vibrant and happy life. To achieve this, we recommend a diet that nourishes not only your body, but also your brain. Here is just a taste of the healthy eating guidelines we follow at Kamalaya on the island of Koh Samui in Thailand.
- Eliminate deep fried foods – Instead try these cooking styles: stir fry, steam, boil, saute, bake and grill without blackening (blackening can denature foods and create carcinogens)
- Cook with lots of fresh herbs and spices – They’re full of healthful antioxidants. Avoid food additives
- Vegetables should make up the bulk of your lunch and dinner. Choose a variety of different vegetables, ensuring that you have a wide range of colours. Different coloured vegetables will provide a variety of nutrients.
- Nuts and seeds are an excellent form of high-quality fats and protein. Use these daily in your diet.
- Avoid soft drinks – They’re unnecessary in our diet so it’s best to cut them out entirely. Instead, choose from green teas, herbal teas, and water, with an added twist of lemon.
Caffeine is a fast-acting stimulant that makes you feel more awake and energetic. Depending on the strength and quantity of caffeine consumed, its effects can last for many hours.
The warning signs that you’re suffering stress and burnout can start with the feeling that every day is a bad day; when caring about your work or home life seems to be a total waste of energy.
Practicing mindfulness can help interrupt the stress cycle to allow space to respond instead of having and emotional outburst. Discover our top tips and practices to equip you with tools to navigate through stress.