MAINTAINING WEIGHT LOSS
At Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa we recommend a change in eating habits for those who want to maintain weight loss. These support you in your goal to achieve optimal health and wellbeing for a vibrant and happy life. To achieve this, we recommend a diet that nourishes not only your body, but also your brain. Here is just a taste of the healthy eating guidelines we follow at Kamalaya on the island of Koh Samui in Thailand.
- Eliminate deep fried foods – Instead try these cooking styles: stir fry, steam, boil, saute, bake and grill without blackening (blackening can denature foods and create carcinogens)
- Cook with lots of fresh herbs and spices – They’re full of healthful antioxidants. Avoid food additives
- Vegetables should make up the bulk of your lunch and dinner. Choose a variety of different vegetables, ensuring that you have a wide range of colours. Different coloured vegetables will provide a variety of nutrients.
- Nuts and seeds are an excellent form of high-quality fats and protein. Use these daily in your diet.
- Avoid soft drinks – They’re unnecessary in our diet so it’s best to cut them out entirely. Instead, choose from green teas, herbal teas, and water, with an added twist of lemon.
Thailand welcomes back international travellers and begins to reopen to the rest of the world, Koh Samui celebrates being voted as one of the Top 25 Islands Around the World by readers of influential Travel + Leisure magazine.
The water of a fresh, young coconut replenishes and cools the body while basil and pineapple support digestion, making this drink a perfect accompaniment to any meal on our detox menu.
As we round up another year of wellbeing, the key experts at Kamalaya Koh Samui Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa share their top tips in preparation for a new year of whole being wellness.