THE BENEFITS OF DETOXING
At Kamalaya Koh Samui Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa we believe that true wellbeing begins after the body has been cleansed of all the toxins, chemicals, and negative energy that it had prior to its detoxified state.
There are several medical reasons why detoxification is recommended, and these include:
- Chronic digestive problems
- Impaired liver function due to lifestyle or chronic illness
- Taking medications that affect the liver or hormone replacement therapy
- PMS and moodiness
- Chronic headaches
- Chronic skin conditions
- Gallbladder pathology
Many of these reasons stem from poor lifestyle choices and that’s why regular detoxification is recommended by most holistic wellness retreats due to its regenerative benefits.
Prevention is always better than a cure and some of the common symptoms alleviated by a detox include:
- Stiff, aching joints and muscles
- Susceptibility to infections
- Respiratory difficulties
- Digestive problems
- Low energy and fatigue
- Restlessness and irritability
- Mental fogginess
- Inability to concentrate
- Depression and moodiness
- Poor quality sleep and insomnia
Our wellness sanctuary in Thailand offers a wide selection of tailor-made detox programs for your personal goals. Add to that the calm and tranquil surroundings of Kamalaya and your detoxification expands much further than your physical state of being.
After a healthy and professionally guided detox you can expect to experience the following benefits immediately:
- A feeling of revitalisation
- Increased energy, vitality and stamina
- Increased immunity and resistance to infections and illness
- Reduced allergy symptoms
- Increased metabolism and metabolic balancing for weight control
- Weight loss
- Improved digestive functions such as absorption and elimination
- Balanced water metabolism and reduction in fluid retention and uric acid
- Enhanced liver function and detoxification processes
- Invigorate circulation and balance blood levels of cholesterol and triglycerides
- Strengthen and lubricate joints; reduced joint aches and pains; increased joint mobility
- Reduced risk for many chronic diseases
- Reduced symptoms of chronic toxicity
- Improved sleep patterns and feeling rested and refreshed
- Heightened mental clarity, focus, concentration and memory
- Promotion of stable moods, emotional balance and wellbeing; a greater sense of peace and calm
- A feeling of rejuvenation on all levels
Explore the range of detoxification methods and programs available at Kamalaya Koh Samui Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa here.
After over two years of living in the ‘new normal’ with imposed social distancing and people working from home in isolation, many of us have been struggling with loneliness.
What is a Colon Cleanse
Colon cleansing aids in the removal of plaque and waste matter that has accumulated over many years and has created blockages and sluggishness in the digestive system.
History of Spa and Wellness
The word ‘spa’ is an abbreviation for the Latin phrase ‘Sanus Per Aquam’, which means ‘health through water’ and ‘wellness’ refers to our state of good health and combines the concepts of wellbeing and fitness together.
Hatha Yoga Pradipika
Hatha Yoga is essentially a manual for scientifically taking one’s body through stages of control to a point at which one-pointed focus on the unmanifested brahman is possible.
Value of Yoga retreat
Physical asanas (yoga postures) establish greater strength, flexibility, and balance. Additional physiological benefits include improved circulation, deepened sleep and improved posture and reduction in structural pains.
How to get to Thailand
Thailand welcomes back international travellers and begins to reopen to the rest of the world, Koh Samui celebrates being voted as one of the Top 25 Islands Around the World by readers of influential Travel + Leisure magazine.
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali are one of the six darshanas of Hindu or Vedic schools.